Wednesday, March 5, 2014

One Day After Another

It’s been a while since I’ve written anything on this blog.  I haven’t given up in my quest to prepare for the 2014 World Disc Golf Championships – but it seems that one day of training blends into the next, into the next and a week goes by.  Then one week looks so much like the last week, and all of a sudden it has been several weeks since I’ve written anything.

Since I started lifting weights in November, I’ve only missed a small handful of nights when I wasn’t able to get to the Y for a workout.  Usually it’s because of a conflict with my work schedule, or a night when I was not feeling up to par and took a day off from training.

Those days have been fairly infrequent, however.  I’ve been trying really hard to make sure that I’m making every single day count especially now that half my training time is over. 

I miss being able to play some disc golf every night.  But our local park where my “home” disc golf course is located closes at 5 pm when it is not daylight saving time.  I do my best to play on both Saturday and Sunday (when the weather cooperates) but I think I have lost some of my consistency.  There have been some days when I’ve played where the disc seems to go farther than ever but mostly I think I’m just maintaining status quo right now. 

I have definitely become stronger as I’m lifting more weight than ever.  I need to figure out how to put that muscle into a coordinated approach and throw when I’m on the tee pad. 


136 Days to Worlds!

No comments:

Post a Comment